Tool of Health and Wellness

Do something that you love and youll never have to work a day in your life (Wilson, Blumenthal 87), said Mark Mackay once. I knew when I saw how a chiropractor works that it was the career I wanted to pursue and excel on for the rest of my life. I knew if I become a chiropractor, that Ill love every single day of my professional career.

Healing people has been my calling from the very beginning it just took me quite a long while to figure it out. Every day, I think of the littlest ways to help the people all around me. For instance, I volunteered with Big Brothers Big Sisters and adopted a little brother for a year to do my share for the community. I also have made sack lunches with my church and handed these out to homeless people in my hometown of Little Rock, Arizona. I did all of these because theres this unquenchable inner yearning in me to ease and, hopefully, cure the suffering in my own little corner of the world.
   
Being a chiropractor is the next step toward my lifes mission of using myself as a tool of overall wellness and health. The journey though, has not been easy and is in fact filled with various challenges. For instance, my academic performance used to suffer because I decided to put work before school, thinking that if I worked hard, it would soon pay-off. Thus, I excelled in the workforce but I failed to display my full academic potential. I gathered a lot of valuable experiences in the workforce, but still, I dont hesitate to admit that Ive learned my lesson.
   
Learning continues throughout life and since I graduated college, I have matured tremendously. The major turning point in my life was witnessing the birth of my 6 month old daughter.  It was then that I realized that I have not been living to my full potential. With the precious life now in my hands, I underwent a major shift in philosophy. Now, all I want is to position myself in such a way that I am able to provide for my daughter and ensure a bright future for her. I truly feel that being a chiropractor, practicing a profession that I would love to do forever, will help me achieve this goal.
   
My fascination with the bodys natural ability to heal itself began when I was just in elementary and I learned how a scab forms to help repair torn skin. I saw this natural way of healing in its most beautiful and practical form in chiropractic healthcare. I fell in love with the profession when I saw a local chiropractor about a lower back pain. I was absolutely amazed with the amount of time he spent interacting and getting to know his patients. Medical doctors that I have seen in the past never seem to spend time doing the same. It seemed as if they were more concerned with taking your money and getting you out of their office as fast as possible.
   
More and more, I began to see the great contrast between the natural healing techniques of chiropractic healthcare and the normal medical profession were used to. The medical profession believes that disease causes a lack of health, while chiropractic healthcare believes that a lack of health is expressed as disease. As a result, medicine treats the symptoms of sick people while chiropractics address and treat the root cause, which lead to symptoms.
   
By becoming a chiropractor, I would enjoy a rewarding career that would give me the ability to educate others about their potential for true health and well-being. I would help people decrease their pain, improve their quality of life and help gain and maintain optimal health with safe and effective care. Becoming a chiropractor would be the pinnacle of my mission to help cure this world of suffering.

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий